I just updated this site to use jekyll v.1. It builds my site faster which is good during the local development of a new posting. It also has better messages about the build, including a “done” indicator which the last version I ran did not have. Here’s some actual output from saving this file:
Regenerating: 1 files at 2013-05-17 11:35:36 …done.
The best feature, by far, is the support of the
_drafts folder that contains
works in progress. Previously, you had to specify the date of the post for a
future date and use the
--future option to get those included in the site
build. Too much work!
Now, just put a new markdown document in the
_drafts folder and they show up
at the top of the list using the file’s last modified time. Awesome!